What is a Vermont DUI civil suspension?

Published by Jessica Burke on

A Vermont civil DUI suspension is initiated with a form 240 or Notice of Intent to Suspend form. It is important to read and act on this form right away. A Vermont civil DUI is different from a Vermont criminal DUI. Most DUIs in Vermont have a civil DUI and a criminal DUI cited together. Civil DUIs in Vermont relate to license suspension. If you are issued a Notice of Intent to Suspend form you must return the form to address indicated on the form within SEVEN DAYS of when the form was issued. If you fail to do so your license will AUTOMATICALLY go under suspension. If you have received a Vermont civil DUI, criminal DUI or both, contact Burke Law today for your free case consultation.

Categories: Vermont DUI

Jessica Burke

Jessica Burke is a licensed Vermont attorney and the founder of Burke Law. She obtained her undergraduate degree from Boston College in Political Science, and then received her law degree from Washington & Lee Law School. After law school she worked with several top law firms before settling in Vermont and building her own practice. In addition to being licensed to practice law in the state of Vermont, she also holds a State Bar certification in New Hampshire and Massachusetts, among others. She specializes in criminal defense, including DUI defense, homicides, and sex crimes.

Call Now Button