I’ve been charged with domestic assault in Vermont, but the person who made the report no longer wants to press charges. Can the State’s Attorney still prosecute the case?

Published by Jessica Burke on

Yes. Even if the complaining witness in a Vermont domestic assault case does not want the case to be prosecuted, the State can choose to prosecute you anyway.

If you have been charged with domestic assault and you believe that the complaining witness no longer wants to go forward with the case, please contact one of our attorneys at Burke Law as soon as possible because there may be steps that can be taken to minimize your potential criminal liability. 

Categories: Assault

Call Now Button