Juvenile DUI in Vermont

The Vermont legislature recently made juvenile court available up to age 22. In some counties, this means the criminal courts are sending DUIs to juvenile court or to diversion. This can be a great opportunity to avoid the potential consequences of a Vermont DUI charge or conviction.

An experienced Vermont DUI attorney can move to transfer your criminal case to juvenile court. It is an application for “youthful offender” status. You will have to complete a YASI screening and, if appropriate, your case may be sent to diversion or handled in juvenile court.

Contact Burke Law for A Free Case Consultation

If you have been charged with a crime, or if you have not been formally charged with crime but are party to an ongoing investigation, contact us to ensure that your rights are protected from the earliest stages of the process. We offer free consultations and will work with you to find a time that accommodates your schedule.