If the Court makes a clerical mistake, there is a way to fix it.

The Vermont Superior Courts and court clerks work hard to implement justice. Everyone is human, so occasionally mistakes do happen.

Vermont Rule of Criminal Procedure 36 allows for “clerical mistakes in judgements, orders, or other parts of the record” to “be corrected by the court at any time of its own initiative or on the motion of any party.”

If you believe the Vermont Superior Court made an error in your case the Court can correct the error on its own or by you or your attorney (if you are represented by counsel) writing a motion requesting the record to be corrected.

Contact Burke Law for A Free Case Consultation

If you have been charged with a crime, or if you have not been formally charged with crime but are party to an ongoing investigation, contact us to ensure that your rights are protected from the earliest stages of the process. We offer free consultations and will work with you to find a time that accommodates your schedule.